The first Christmas tree decorations consisted of apples, candy canes and pastries in the shape of stars and other designs, so why not take a traditional approach this year and cover your tree in these tasty Vegan Christmas Biscuits!
These plant-based biscuits can be decorated with whatever you like and have to hand but we’ve also supplied an icing method, made with Nutristrength Beet Powder for a pretty pink hue. The Nutristrength Pea Protein Chai Spices Flavour not only gives these biscuits a warm, spiced kick but it also boasts your protein intake for the day, so we can’t imagine they’ll stay on the tree for very long!
Christmas Biscuits Ingredients
1 scoop Pea Protein Chai Spices Flavour
1 cups walnut
1 cup coconut flour
60g vegan butter/coconut oil, room temperature
1tsp vanilla bean paste
100ml almond milk
For the Icing
1tsp Nutristrength Beet Powder, powdered natural sweetener, 1 tbsp almond milk
Christmas Biscuits Method
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with agave syrup and vanilla. Gradually add all the remaining ingredients and beat until just combined and forms a dough.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to around 1/2 inch thick, dip a Christmas cookie cutter into coconut flour so it doesn't stick and cut out your cookies.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown at the edges, turning half way through to ensure even baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Sprinkle with powdered natural sweetener or make icing. Enjoy!
To make the icing:
Add the powdered natural sweetener, 1 teaspoon almond milk and beetroot powder to a bowl. Mix together. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of non-dairy milk or water if needed to reach desired consistency. Let cookies cool completely before decorating.