Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes (including freezing time)
Number of servings: 6
Nutrition Value 1 serving
Now it’s December, it’s fully acceptable to be baking Christmas-themed protein cake on a regular basis. This Christmas Protein loaf Cake is made with our new Pea Protein Cocoa Orange Zest and cranberry for a truly festive taste.
As well as being beautiful and tasty, this loaf cake is also completely vegan-friendly so everyone can enjoy it this Christmas. Made with nuts and Pea protein, each sliced is packed full of protein at an impressive 10.3g each, so it makes for a great post-workout snack too.
Protein Loaf Cake Ingredients
1 scoop Pea Protein Cocoa Orange Zest
50g cacao nibs
3tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup vegan butter/or coconut oil, melted
¼ cup water
4 tbsp dried cranberry
3 tbsp maple syrup
3tbsp coconut cream, chilled
Protein Loaf Cake Method
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into square lined cake tin and place in the fridge to set for about half an hour.
- Remove from the cake tin and spoon over your coconut cream.
- Place the baking tray into your freezer until the sauce becomes set.
- Cut it into slices and serve. Enjoy!
This simple recipe takes barely any time at all and, because it’s completely raw, you don’t need to be worried about over cooking it or not getting the temperature quite right.