Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Number of servings: 20 slices
Nutrition Value 1 serving
Looking for a fun yet easy Christmas showstopper this year? This tasty Chocolate Orange Marble Cake is just the thing!
Made with our all-new Pea protein Cocoa orange Zest, it’ll have a great tang to it as the plant-based protein is flavoured with real orange zest and cocoa powder. Then, when you cut into it, it’ll reveal a beautiful, swirled pattern to impress your guests.
Serve either on its own with a good cup of tea or a dollop of ice cream, it’s bound to be a new favourite.
Marble Cake Ingredients
1 scoop Pea Protein Chocolate Orange Zest
5 large eggs free range
250 ml yoghurt (can use any dairy free)
100g almond flour
100g ground almond
160g erythritol natural sweetener*
1 tsp baking soda
1tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp ground vanilla bean
2tbsp cocoa powder
Marble Cake Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease bundt pan.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and natural sweetener until the mixture is fluffy. This should take about 3-5 minutes on medium-high speed.
- On low-medium speed, stir in the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Stir in 150 ml of the 250ml yoghurt, the apple cider vinegar, baking powder and almond flour and beat lightly until all of the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Pour just over half of the batter in the bundt pan. This portion will form the light batter for the marble cake.
- Add the cocoa powder, Pea Protein Cocoa Orange Zest and the remaining yoghurt to the remaining cake batter in the food processor and mix it through. This portion will form the chocolate batter for the marble cake.
- Pour all of the chocolate batter on top of the light batter and lightly swirl the cocoa batter with a knife.
- Bake for around 40 minutes and then test the cake to see if a skewer inserted into the deepest part comes out clean. The cake will take 40 - 50 mins, depending on the proportions of your bundt tin.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
What a great way to try the all-new Pea Protein Cocoa Orange Zest. Full of flavour and packed with protein, this cake is a winner all-round. Share photos of your creations with us on Instagram and Twitter when you Explore Something New.