This week is Coeliac Awareness weak, so we would like to spread the word and knowledge about this disease.
Coeliac disease is an autoimmune condition, where the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues when gluten is eaten. Therefore, you must be eating gluten as part of your normal diet to complete this assessment accurately. Coeliac disease symptoms will not be present if gluten has been removed from your diet.
Gluten is found in wheat, barley and rye. The types of foods that typically contain gluten include breads, biscuits, pasta, pastry, breakfast cereals, and cakes.
Protein Flapjack Ingredients
150g Rolled Oats
100g Oat Flour
40g Pea Protein Isolate Unflavoured
2tbsp Bee Pollen (melted in hot water)
1tbsp Maca Powder
25g Coconut Butter (melted)
3tbsp Apple Sauce
1tsp pure Vanilla Extract
pinch of salt
water (add a little water if the dough feels too dry)
1tsp Bee Pollen granules
1tsp Coconut Sugar
Protein Flapjack Method
- Soak the Bee Pollen in a warm water. You only need enough water to cover the pollen granules
- With a spoon or your hands, mix it all together to a paste.
- Put the paste into a plastic box or tray. Press it out as flat and even as possible. Compress with your hands to firm the mix.
- Sprinkle with bee pollen granules and coconut sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. Cut into small squares and store in an air tight continer.