Is there anything you miss on a plant-based diet? Nothing? Not even cheese?
What about cheesecake?
We thought so. Cheesecake is our nemesis here at Nutristrength HQ, so we decided to make an inclusive version of our favourite dessert – the vegan Lemon Meringue Protein Cheesecake!
With a walnut base and fluffy coconut topping, we’d argue it’s as good if not better than a traditional cheesecake.
Lemon Meringue & Grape Cheesecake Ingredients
1 sachet Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
1 tbsp Nutristrength coconut oil, melted
2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tbsp natural sweetener
200g cashew nuts (soak in hot water for 20 minutes)
1 can coconut cream*
150ml coconut yoghurt
2 tbps Nutristrength Coconut Oil
1 ½ juice of lemon
½ tbsp saffron
1 tbsp coconut milk
2-3 tbsp natural sweetener
* spoon all of the thick coconut cream sitting at the top of the tin
½ whipped coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts, protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut, sweetener, water and melted coconut oil until crumbly. Press the crust into a cake mould. Set aside.
- Soak the saffron in the coconut milk for about 10 minutes and blend (in a high-powered blender) all the "cheese" ingredients until smooth & creamy.
- Pour the cashew cream evenly over the crust, add coconut cream & fresh grapes on the top and sprinkle with ground walnuts. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Take the cheesecake out of the freezer and cut into slices. Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Allow about 30 minutes to thaw before serving. Enjoy!
What a tasty recipe and, because it’s raw, it’s so easy to make! Whether you serve it up for friends and family or keep it all to yourself, we’d love to see your photos, so be sure to share them on Instagram and Facebook with #ExploreSomethingNew.