Have leftover protein Hot Cross Buns? Throw them in this recipe!
- 6 Salted Caramel Hot Cross Buns (from the previous recipes)
- 3 eggs, yolks only
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 400ml plant milk
How to make bread & butter pudding with protein powder
- Heat the milk and the vanilla essence stirring frequently, until just coming up to boiling.
- Mix together the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a heatproof bowl stirring to get a smooth paste.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the paste, stirring constantly until completely combined.
- Strain the mixture into a clean saucepan and, stirring constantly, cook gently over low heat until the custard thickens.
- Slice the hot cross buns into small pieces Pour over the warm custard, ensuring that it is evenly distributed over the buns
- Add a big handful of dried fruit, and chopped walnut nuts on top of the custard.
Inspired by this recipe? Make sure you follow us on socials @Nutristrength and tag us in your own recipes #Nutristrength.