There is just something about autumn. Pumpkins! Super flavourful, healthy and filling, a great dish to start the fall season right! These gluten-free pumpkin waffles are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! Since these have the added boost of protein, they are a much more satisfying breakfast than waffles alone. So grab that pumpkin and get ready to upgrade your morning meal!
Protein Waffle Ingredients
1 scoop of Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
1 tbsp. Nutristrength Coconut oil, melted
100 g pumpkin puree (I used freshly baked pumpkin)
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
30g oats, gluten-free
10 g coconut flour
50 ml coconut milk
Coconut cream/coconut yoghurt
Pumpkin Waffle Method
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Using a hand blender, blend pumpkin, egg whites, coconut oil and coconut milk until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the protein powder, oats, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients to form a batter.
- Add a portion of the batter to the waffle baker, close the lid and cook until fully baked. Remove the waffle then repeat with the remaining waffle batter. (I got 3 waffles)
- Top the waffles with coconut cream/yoghurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!
So, there you have it! More of a treat than a trick – give our pumpkin waffles a go and tag us in your photos with #ExploreSomethingNew!