Surprise a loved one with this Beetroot Goats Cheese Tart masterpiece. Not only does it send your tastebuds running for more, but it will also give you your hard-earned protein boost.
15 g Nutristrength whey protein powder unflavoured
80 g almond flour
1 tbsp Nutristrength coconut oil
1 large egg
20 g ground walnuts
pinch of salt
1 pcs baked, chopped aubergine
4 pcs dried figs
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp thyme
2 large cooked, peeled beetroot (boil the beetroot 45 minutes)
120 g soft goat cheese
2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
50 ml hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. For the tart, place almond flour, protein powder, walnut, melted coconut oil and a pinch salt into a bowl and process until well combined.
2. Add water until the mixture comes together in a ball.
3. Grease a tart pan. Transfer the dough into a pan. If the mixture is too sticky, wet your fingers to press it into the tart pan. Press towards the edges to create a bowl shape so that the tartlet can hold the filling.
4. Bake for 5-6 minutes. (before pricking with a fork)
5. Meanwhile, puree dried figs, chopped aubergine, lemon juice, thyme, 50 ml hot water in a food processor.
6. Fill tartlet with the fig & aubergine cream.
7. Cut the beetroots into slices and arrange on top of the tart, working in a spiral towards the centre.
8. Place slices of goats’ cheese over the top. Add 2 tablespoons of honey over the top and bake 190°C for about 10 minutes until cheese is lightly brown.