100g almond flour
10g Nutristrength Whey Protein Unflavoured
10g Nutristrength Whey Protein Classic Vanilla
25g coconut flour
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
20g psyllium husk flour (ground husk)
100 ml hot water
50 ml warm almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
35g natural sweetener erythritol (or coconut sugar, stevia)
Pinch of salt
Homemade cherry rhubarb jam*
200g fresh, chopped rhubarb
1 tbsp water
2 tsp coconut sugar, or other natural sweetener
1 tsp konjac flour or 2 tsp tapioca agar agar flakes (vegan gelatine) for thickening
*Place rhubarbs, cherries in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the coconut sugar and thickener until they are dissolved. Remove the jam from heat. Allow the jam to cool down.
10g Nutristrength Whey Protein Isolate Ecuadorian Banana
15g coconut yoghurt
50g Sukrin Icing (all natural sweetener)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix together the almond, coconut flour, husk, sweetener, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and protein powder. Mix until combined. Add eggs, hot water, warm milk and using your hands bring the mixture together into a ball.
2. Lay out a sheet of baking paper. Put the dough to the paper and flatten with your fingers. Set another baking paper on top. Roll the dough out, rectangular shape. (About ½ inch thick)
3. Prepare the filling, spread the cherry rhubarb jam over the dough.
4. Roll up the dough and cut into 7apieces. Place the rolls in a greased baking pan, sides touching. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160°C and bake for about 30 minutes more, or until the rolls are well-coloured. Leave the rolls to cool.
5. For the icing mix everything together and stir well until smooth and silky. Spread the icing mixture over the rolls. Serve warm or room temperature!