Here is a refreshing pudding best served cold, make it for your friends and family and enjoy this delight for breakfast or for lunch, it's a tasty treat for any occasion and is refreshing to your palette. Go on give it a try!
For Chia seed pudding -
50g Chia Seeds
1 cup Coconut Milk (250ml)
For Pear pudding -
400-500g Fresh Pear (3 medium sized, ripe)
15g Whey Protein Isolate Unflavoured
15g Whey Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla
½ Ground Clove
1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
½ Squeezed Lemon Juice
60g Natural Coconut Yoghurt (Coyo)
10g Psyllium husk (optional)
1tbsp roasted pine nuts
1tbsp date nectar
1tsp cashew butter
- Mix chia seeds, coconut milk and honey together in a small bowl. Let it set in refrigerator overnight. Remove chia seed from the fridge.
- Peel, halve and core the pears. Heat a bowl and add 150ml water and steam the pears until soft. (about 15minutes, don’t drain water off) Add lemon juice, spices, vanilla paste. Let it cool and puree pear in a blender until smooth. Add coconut yoghurt and psyllium husk. Mix it until well combined. Place pear cream into the freezer for about 15minutes.
- Pour the chia seeds evenly into 3 glasses or bowl. Pour the pear cream on top of the chia seeds in even portions.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour in the fridge.
- Serve with roasted pine nuts, cashew butter and date nectar.