Let's take it back to the comforts of the indoors; something warm and delightful, best served alongside a freshly brewed cup of tea. Banana Bread is such a classic and we take this classic and add our own spin using our Pea Protein which gives the bake a fluffy wholesome texture and bounce. We invite you to try this recipe at home for yourself, make sure you share your creations with us also on our social media platforms.
The recipe below serves 6-8 people but that all depends on how big those slices are, so here it is Szabina's Banana Bread!
250g Banana (very ripe, peeled)
2 Whole Eggs
2 Egg Whites
40g Pea Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla
80g Oat Flour
20g Coconut Flour
1tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
½ tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1tbsp Date Nectar or Agave (optional)
1tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
pinch of Salt
️Plus I have a special chef tip for you! Add a tbsp of Peanut Butter into your dough! They smelled divine and the taste is incredible!!
Thinly sliced bananas
Dark Chocolate Chips (I used sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Mix together Oat Flour, Coconut Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Pea Protein Vanilla, Cinnamon and Salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together banana, eggs, date nectar (optional), coconut oil, vanilla paste and peanut butter! Use a blender to mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry, then mix.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan. Decorate the top with fresh banana slices and dark chocolate chips!
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180C and reduce heat to 160C and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
Great for children's lunch boxes, picnics or snack!