Hey there again, welcome back. So we just recently had an exclusive launch with As Nature Intended stores around London. This Dark Chocolate Coffee Tart was the vegan fave from the launch, so if you love coffee this could be the dessert for you. As always our recipes are super easy and you don't have to be an expert in cooking to be successful here and we definitely won't judge you for trying! So have fun and share with us!
150g Almond Flour
50g Ground Almond
25g Cacao Powder
25g Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
1 tbsp Coconut Flour
4 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp natural sweetener Erythritol or 1/3 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
50-100ml warm water (add water to make it the right consistency)
50g whole Hazelnut (oven roasted)
50g Macadamia nuts (oven roasted)
¾ cup Coconut milk (thick)
1 shot of Espresso
100g dark Chocolate (85-90%)
1 tbsp Coconut oil
½ tsp Vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp Cacao powder
2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C. Grease a tart pan with coconut oil and line the bottom with baking paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together and add melted coconut oil and water. Using your hands mix to form the dough.
3. Press the dough into the tart pan. Poke a few holes with a fork and bake for 12-15minutes until the top begins to turn brown. Cool it down.
For the filling 1. Preheat the oven to 190’C. Spread the nuts on a baking paper and bake for 8-10 minutes until lighly brown. Let the nuts cool for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil.
3. Place the nuts into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
4. Add cacao powder, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut milk, espresso, chocolate and pulse until smooth.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over the crust and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Refrigerate tart for about 2-3 hours. (or overnight)