Hosting this festive season? Get your guests gasping with these delicious little Christmas stars. They'll be even more surprised when you announce the filling is made with protein powder. Try this simple recipe out for yourself and tag us on socials.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 tbsp Whey Protein Classic Vanilla
Protein Nougat Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups hazelnuts, skinned
- 1 scoop Whey Protein Roasted Cocoa
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2-3tbsp almond milk
How to make the puff pastry and protein nougat filling
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor and process until smooth and buttery, stopping to scrape down as needed, about 10 minutes
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process again until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can add almond milk one tablespoon at a time to thin it out
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Spread the nougat cream over the pastry sheet. Cover the cream with the second pastry sheet and cut out star shapes
- Press the edges together and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the stars are puffed and golden
- Cool completely before dusting with the vanilla-flavoured protein powder
Make sure you follow us on socials @Nutristrength to partake in our social media advent calendar to win prizes, discounts and more. You don't want to miss out!
Is this recipe one of your new Christmas staples? Save to your favourites and use year on year!